If you believe that during use of the website, including the services offered in it, that your privacy has been harmed in any way, you are invited to contact us at the e-mail address: email@example.com
- Details you will provide when registering for services which require registration for the website
In order to use certain services offered in the website, you will have to register to the website and create a user account. During the registration, you will be asked to provide personal details such as name, Israel identity card number, ways of communication including telephone number and e-mail address, details about your academic education and research fields with which you are involved, curriculum vitae etc. It is made clear that those fields which the registrants are obliged to fill in will be specifically marked and the users will not be able to create a member account without giving the required data in the obligatory fields.
At the time of the registration to the website, you must specifically indicate in the appropriate place that you are not interested in being included in the search engine of members registered in the website. It is made clear that your confirmation to be included in the search engine of members registered in the website constitutes consent to present your full name and also additional details you provided about yourselves, including the possibly of contacting you via the website, to registered members of the website, including the managers of the website and also any potential employer who will be given access permission to the search engine in the website.
If you are employers who are interested in advertising a job offer in the website and you are not registered members of the website, you will have to register for the website in order to create an employer account. During the registration, you will have to enter into the website various details, such as the name of the company and e-mail contact address. It is made clear that the fields you are obliged to fill in will be specifically marked and you will not be able to create an employer account without giving the required details in the obligatory fields.
- Our data base – collection and use of information
It is made clear that the details you provide at the time of registration for the website and/or afterwards, including details you provide for the purpose of registering for various events of the ScienceAbroad community, details provided by you at the time of registration for grants etc., will be stored in the data base of ScienceAbroad. Please note that you are not required by law to provide such details, but if you decide not to provide them, you will not be able to use the services offered in the website. It is also made clear that additional information about you and your various preferences might be accumulated during your visit(s) to the website, and that this information will also be stored in the data base of ScienceAbroad.
- The collection of information which in the opinion of ScienceAbroad is relevant and required for the purpose of understanding the needs of registered members and the improvement of the services offered to them.
- The collection of information for the purpose of contacting you if needed and/or in a case where you requested it specifically when you registered in the website for one of the services offered therein, including when you agreed to be included in the search engine of members registered in the website, when registering for events etc.
- ScienceAbroad will be entitled to send to employers who posted an advertisement on the job center board in the website a direct mailing regarding the advertising of offers in the website, inter alia advertising and marketing information, subject to ScienceAbroad receiving the employers’ contact details during their registration for the website. Please note that you are entitled to cancel at any time your consent to receive direct mailing as detailed above, subject to the giving of a notice in writing to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- ScienceAbroad is entitled to send the visitors and/or registered members from time to time information regarding its activities and services, including services offered to its registered members by third parties, and also various updates regarding the advertisements in the website, subject to the visitors and/or the registered members providing their contact details to ScienceAbroad in the place designated for that purpose in the website and giving their specific consent to receive direct mailing. Please note that you are entitled to cancel at any time the your consent to receive direct mailing as above, subject to the giving of a notice in writing to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
- Non-transfer of information to third parties
ScienceAbroad undertakes not to transfer to third parties your personal details, including information collected about you from your visit(s) to the website (hereinafter: “personal information”), except in the following cases:
- Giving personal information to the area managers, sub-contractors, volunteers or employees of ScienceAbroad and those who act on their behalf, who have permission to access the data bases of ScienceAbroad, and all for the purpose of verifying your identity and providing services to visitors and/or the registered members of the website, including contacting you in order to provide you with information regarding various activities relevant to you.
- Giving personal information in the case where you authorised ScienceAbroad to transfer the information to third parties, including, but not only, during registration for grants and in the case where you give your consent to transferring the curriculum vitae you entered into the website to employers who wish to contact you.
- Giving personal information for the purpose of maintaining contact with you in a case where you have consented to this, for instance when registering for events.
- Giving personal information to third parties in a case where the services given by ScienceAbroad are provided in cooperation with them and which requires the transferring of the said information.
- Giving personal information in the case where ScienceAbroad is obliged to do so by law or in the case where a legal injunction is given ordering ScienceAbroad to provide the said information.
- Giving personal information if any controversy, requirement or legal procedure arises between ScienceAbroad and visitors and/or registered members.
- Giving personal information in order to prevent damage which might be caused to visitors and/or other registered members, including for the purpose of preventing and/or discovering illegal acts.
- Information you will provide on platforms outside the website – services of third parties
You may control management of the “cookie” files, including their deletion, via the browser you use. Please consult the help instructions of the browser in order to act as stated above. Please note that disabling the cookies might make you unable to use part of the services offered by the website.
- Data Security
ScienceAbroad implements strict actions and procedures in order to safeguard a proper level of data security in the website and in its other systems. It is made clear that although the data security limits the risks of unauthorised entry to the website and to the computers of ScienceAbroad, there is no absolute immunity from such unauthorised entry.
- Right to Peruse Information
According to Section 13 of the Protection of Privacy Law-1981 (hereinafter: “the Law”), any persons entitled, by themselves, or by their representative which they have appointed in writing or by their guardian(s), to review information pertaining to them held in the data base. Persons who have reviewed the data pertaining to them and found it to be incorrect, unclear or outdated, are entitled to contact the owner of the data base with a request to correct the information or delete it. Such requests should be sent to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
If the owners of the data base refuse to accede to said request, they must inform the requester accordingly in a manner and way fixed in the Regulations of Protection of Privacy (Conditions for Inspection of Data and Procedures for Appeal Regarding a Denial of a Request to Inspect)-1981 (hereinafter: “the Regulations”). If the owners of the data base reguse to allow inspection and to correct or delete information, the requester of the information is entitled to file a lawsuit to the Court, in a manner and way fixed in the Regulations.
Furthermore, if the information found in the data bases of the website is used for the purpose of a personal request to you, based on your belonging to a population group determined by one characteristic or another or people whose names are included in the data base (hereinafter: “personal request”), you are entitled, in accordance with Section 17f of the Law, to demand in writing that information relating to you be deleted from the data base. Such a demand should be sent to the e-mail address: email@example.com. In this case, ScienceAbroad will delete from the data base only the information it uses for the purpose of the personal request to you. Other information about you, including information given by you to the website at the time of registering for it and/or updating by you afterwards and also documentation regarding your activities in the website, will continue to be stored in the data base by ScienceAbroad in accordance with the law, but no use will be made of the information for the purpose of carrying out personal requests to you. If ScienceAbroad does not inform you within 30 days from date of receiving the request that the information you requested to delete in accordance with this paragraph has actually been deleted, you will be entitled to contact the Magistrates Court in the way fixed in the Regulations, so that it will order ScienceAbroad to act as stated.